Thomas and Regan’s Gassaway Mansion wedding in Greenville, SC was just what they had been dreaming of for over a year. I originally met Regan and Thomas back in early 2020, before the world as we knew it changed. Their original wedding date had to be cancelled, and they ended up eloping on their own right before they moved to Texas for a job change. To my surprise, Regan contacted me again in Spring of 2021, and told me of their plans to have their big wedding celebration after all with their family and friends! I was so glad I still got to be a part of their day and capture these memories for them. Doing it all a second time, but with those they love, made it all the more special!
There were so many things that stood out to me as special and unique from this wedding day. Here are a few that I remember, and then I’ll get to the real reason you all are here – seeing more photos!
1. A social media moment – Regan had many special unique things throughout the whole day that she had planned. One thing was that she really wanted an unplugged ceremony. So, the pastor told everyone at the beginning of the ceremony that they could take out their cell phones and take a few pictures . . . gave everyone a “social media moment” and then instructed them to put them away and be in the moment. He then proceeded to take his own selfie with the couple! So much fun!
2. All the laughter and smiles. Candid photos were a big request for Regan and Thomas . . . they wanted the candid natural moments captured without a lot of posing. Every chance I got, I was snapping away trying not to miss any of those moments! Regan and her mom shared sweet laughter and smiles as she got ready. Thomas and his guys had a great time too. Everyone around them were there to support and love them throughout the entire day!
3. Special Gifts – Regan and Thomas both had special gifts for both of their parents and had special moments planned into the day to give them the gifts. It was such a joy to witness the thoughtfulness and love between them! Their parents, likewise had nice gifts for them too.
4. Emotion – There was so much genuine emotion felt throughout the day. Especially between Regan and Thomas. I love when a couple can actually enjoy the moments on their wedding day, and really feel how special each moment is and be in that moment. Regan and Thomas did just that. Just like they had special gifts for their parents, they also had special things to give each other. They opened each other’s gifts separately, as myself and my second photographer captured their reactions. I hope they will enjoy seeing the other’s reaction to their very personalized gifts here on the blog.
5. The First Look – Let’s just say . . . it wasn’t what Thomas was expecting. I love the obvious fun that these two have with one another!
See more of the special moments from their day in photos below! Don’t forget to check out the end of this post for all of their awesome vendors who helped bring the day together for them.
Thank you again, Regan and Thomas for allowing me to be a part of capturing your memories. I hope you will always remember how much love you felt on this day!
Thank you to all of these amazing vendors!
Flowers & Caterer: Gassaway Mansion
Cake: Kathy and Company
Hair and Makeup: Flawless Artistry
DJ – ceremony & reception music: LEVEL Digital Music Ent
Wedding Dress Shop: Lows Bridal
SITE DESIGNED BY EM SHOP
PHOTOGRAPHY BY JILL BRISKEN PHOTOGRAPHY
get the guide!
linen and light by jbp
The best tips for what to wear (and what to avoid) for your photoshoot!