Pretty Place Wedding
Jessica and Nathan’s Pretty Place Wedding was beautiful! A Pretty Place Wedding has been one of my dreams since starting wedding photography. In fact, I have photographed over 20 Pretty Place Weddings as a second photographer, but never had the opportunity to be the primary photographer. Jessica and Nathan’s Pretty Place Wedding was definitely one for the books! I met Jessica and Nathan back in August over email and a zoom call. I immediately liked them and knew we could be easy friends. Similarly, they must have felt this way too, because they booked me immediately for their November wedding at Pretty Place.
Love, Respect, and Happiness Shone Through
It was a gorgeous Fall day for their Pretty Place Wedding. The Fall colors had just started to peak through and made the wedding photos all the more beautiful! I personally loved how Jessica and Nathan’s love, respect, and happiness with each other shone through in their photos. I admired how Jess and Nathan were both so intentional with each other and each specific part of their wedding day. They made each and every detail of their wedding day personal. They are the type of people who make everyone around them feel valued, loved, and appreciated. I was going to try to describe all the unique and special details myself, but Jessica can explain it much better than I ever could! So, in Jessica’s words:
Jessica’s Wedding Dress
1. “My wedding dress actually resembled one of my all time favorite characters wedding dress, Audrey Rose from Stalking Jack the Ripper.” . . . and it really did! It was absolutely gorgeous on Jessica!!
A Special Necklace
2. “During our engagement shoot, I wore this key necklace which had a much deeper meaning. The key actually went to Nathan’s wedding gift, which were letters to read when we hit milestones.”
The Significance of Pretty Place
3. “We chose pretty place not just because of the view, but because this was where Nathan gave me my promise ring. We made God our witness on both occasions and that meant everything to us!”
Recycled Book Pages
4. “Each bridesmaid carried a bouquet made of recycled book pages specifically from the book Twilight and Edgar Allan Poe’s works. Also each of them received a Leaf of Lorien, because we are a fellowship and they were my gifts to each of them.”
First Dance Song Was Different than Original Chosen
5. “Our first dance was to Light My Love by Greta Van Fleet. This was not originally the song we chose, but I fell in love with the lyrics and the song so much I knew it was meant for us.”
Motley Crue Father Daughter Dance
6. “And of course my first dance with my dad was to Home Sweet Home by Motley Crue.”
The Poe House Reception
7. “We had our reception at The Poe House. We wanted a place that was local (SUPPORT LOCAL!), and captured our vibe. This place was PERFECT.” You can see the mural of Edgar Allen Poe behind Jess and Nathan during their first dance pictures. The Poe House was a really neat place and one that I would love to go back and visit sometime with my own husband some time!!
Quotes from Book Characters in Vows
8. “In my vows I actually use quotes at the very end taken from some of my favorite book characters. For example, this includes Gandalf, Dumbledore, Thomas Cresswell, and of course my favorite Rhysand from ACOTAR. Equally important, the quotes were rewritten to flow and show my promises to Nate.” . . . how amazing and unique is this?? Just love it!!
In addition to all of the many unique details in this Pretty Place Wedding, Jessica and Nate thoroughly enjoyed their day! It is special when couples make the wedding day uniquely theirs. All of the small touches Jessica and Nathan added were incredible. Furthermore, enjoy some more of my favorite pictures from their day below, as well. Be sure to check out their vendor team at the end of the post!
As we were nearing the end of the reception, we decided to go outside to get a few more bride and groom pictures around the streets of Hendersonville, NC around The Poe House. We found some gorgeous Fall yellow and orange leaves just down the street. We couldn’t pass the opportunity up for some more Fall portraits for Jess and Nathan!
Jessica and Nathan, it was such an honor serving you on your gorgeous Fall Wedding Day at Pretty Place and The Poe House. I hope you have enjoyed this big sneak peek reliving some of the special moments from your day. You have definitely gained a friend in me, and I hope to keep in touch!
Jessica and Nathan’s Awesome Vendors:
Ceremony Venue – Fred Symmes Chapel – Pretty Place at Camp Greenville
Reception Venue – The Poe House, Hendersonville, NC
Caterer: Megan at The Poe House
Florist: Etsy creator Woodlandflowerco
Coordinator: Jessica’s Grandmother, Linda Huth
DJ/Music: Bryan Holmes (brother)
Wedding Dress Designer: Allure – New York Bride and Groom of Charlotte
Hair: 104 Salon Main Street
Makeup: Robin “Angelique” Keys
Cake / Cupcakes/ Vegan Cupcakes: Megan of The Poe House and Brooke
Special Thanks to: The Bee Charmers of Asheville for the local honey wedding favors
Photography: Jill Brisken Photography
Be the first to comment